Address: 601 Grace Street
St. Mark’s Episcopal Church organized in 1858 as a mission of St. Paul’s Episcopal Church. St. Mark’s became the first black church in the Diocese. The black community raised money to purchase land and build the church at its present site at Grace and 6th Street. In the 1920s, the Saint Mark’s Mission School operated and was attended by 20 to 40 young children.