Stained Glass Left
Title
Address: 815 N 8th Street
Contact:
(910) 762-3573
img5
img1
St. Phillip was originally organized in the Wrightsboro region which was then known as Acorn Branch. In 1906, plans began to form for a new church and in 1911, the first cornerstone was laid. Since that time the church has been rebuilt twice; once in the 1930s and again in 1975. In the later half of the 1800s, Methodist camp meetings were popular. As many as a thousand people would gather at campgrounds to pray and sing.
img3
img2