Stained Glass Left
Title
Address: 2929 Princess Place Dr Contact: (910) 762-0580
img5
img1
Originally organized in 1868, the first church was a small frame building. Many adult baptisms were performed in the Cape Fear River, witnessed by several hundred people. Over the years, approximately twenty-seven ministers served this congregation. Now located on the perimeter of downtown Wilmington, this church has grown to occupy several buildings. In 1923, there is evidence of political action as the Missionary Baptist Association along with Rev. W. H. Moore delivered a verbal resolution which supported the 18th Amendment and the prohibition of alcohol.
img3
img2